Integral to senior development leadership, the Director of Planned Giving is responsible for growing Ocean Conservancy’s Planned Giving program — a successful, organizationally-supported, revenue stream which raises $3 million annually. The Planned Giving department encompasses a dynamic planned giving team of four and enjoys close partnerships across Development, Membership, and Finance.
- Manages a stellar Planned Giving team who collectively is responsible for thorough estate administration, a robust marketing program, unparalleled donor stewardship, cultivation and solicitation, and the support needed to maintain a high level of efficiency and success.
- Provides overarching strategic direction to the Planned Giving program and is responsible for its health and growth over the long-term.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Resource Development and the Senior Director of Development to develop annual plans and supporting budgets for the long-term success of Ocean Conservancy’s mission and vision.
- Partners with the Director of Individual Philanthropy and the Individual Philanthropy Group to foster a positive and donor-centric experience in all our outreach.
- Oversees core Planned Giving leadership functions such as:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of high-level donors and prospects;
- Cultivate and solicit qualified donors in partnership with other senior staff for transformative giving opportunities;
- Provide guidance for complicated estate settlements;
- Audit and explore opportunities to improve on our current stewardship models;
- Prepare and staff CEO, Senior Staff or Board members for making planned giving donor calls and visits;
- Actively research and promote testing trends in Planned Gift marketing that could bolster our marketing program;
- Support the Finance department to ensure impeccable accountability of the planned giving program including upholding our technical, legal and fiduciary integrity.
- At least ten years of experience in estate planning and/or high level development experience required. Experience needed in cultivating donors, explaining planned giving options, and soliciting and closing planned gifts.
- At least three years of experience managing a diverse, successful multi-person team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize, direct and control deferred giving activities that have achieved their goals and objectives.
- Must have excellent communication and be a team player.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and planned giving software such as Crescendo and PG Calc, a plus.
B.S. /B.A. degree is required
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] and note position title & job number: Director of Planned Giving #20-04 in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.